The paper by Mr. Rishal Asri (D3) on shared energy storage systems for remote areas has been accepted for publication in Journal of Sustainable Energy, Grids, and Networks (as of June 2023, with an impact factor of 5.405). The study highlights the issues faced by remote areas where electricity is generated by diesel generators, resulting in limited electricity supply for less than 24 hours. The study proposes implementing a shared energy storage system that leverages strong social values in Indonesia. By allowing two neighboring users to use one energy storage system, the study suggests that this approach can lead to better operational costs, significant environmental benefits, and improved economic returns for remote communities. The findings of this study are expected to play a pivotal role in addressing the problem of electricity scarcity on isolated islands by introducing neighbor shared energy storage systems.
- Presentation at International Conference on Green Energy, Computing and Sustainable Technology (GECOST 2024)
- Doctoral and master students successfully passed the final defense
- Journal paper on Shared energy storage for remote area accepted
- Journal paper on the power management system for an apartment building accepted
- Graduate students joined GFEST Summer Practicum